ALibPc v0.3 released

Ask your AlibPc related questions here, for feature requests use the related sub-forum

ALibPc v0.3 released

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:58 pm

What's new:

• Added Single/Multi disk format function. Note that format does not lay a DOS structure on the disk.
  • Added high-speed support for drives in the "UNKOWN" category when/if they return a high-speed index.
  • Moved the debugging log file of ALibPc (alibpc.log) from <TEMP> to the application folder so it is easier to find. Note that this log file is used for debugging in case of problems, so its contents are different from the information shown in the application's log window.
  • Streamlined code
Last edited by Ray on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Obsolete version for download
Ray
Site Admin

Re: ALibPc v0.3 bug workaround

Postby Ray » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:48 am

If you use a HAPPY enhanced drive, and if "use high-speed" option is checked in the preferences dialog, checksum errors will occur while making an ATR and the operation will be aborted. As a temporary workaround please uncheck "use high-speed" option if you are using a HAPPY enhanced drive. The next release will fix the bug.
Ray
Site Admin

Re: ALibPc v0.3 released

Postby madi » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:20 am

Ray wrote:What's new:

• Added Single/Multi disk format function. Note that format does not lay a DOS structure on the disk.
  • Added high-speed support for drives in the "UNKOWN" category when/if they return a high-speed index.
  • Moved the debugging log file of ALibPc (alibpc.log) from <TEMP> to the application folder so it is easier to find. Note that this log file is used for debugging in case of problems, so its contents are different from the information shown in the application's log window.
  • Streamlined code

Hi Ray
I made several attempts to download ALibPc v0.3 without success.
When download reaches 20-24 mega, it terminates. The download bandwidth is very slow from the server.
Not sure, but it looks as if you set some time limit for the downloading.
Regards
madi
madi

Re: ALibPc v0.3 released

Postby Ray » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:51 am

Hi Madi, i will be releasing v0.4 shortly. I will check for the download problem at that time. I don't have restrictions on the download size/time, well this is not entirely true, max allowable download size is actually 500MB, but my upload bandwidth is only about 1.5 mbps so it is not very fast as the website is hosted on my home network.
Ray
Site Admin

Return to Software Support